What is Email Marketing and How Does it Work?
#With this post today – we hope to help you understand “What is Email Marketing?” better.
We have a simple definition for you to understand what is email marketing.
Email Marketing is a powerful form of digital marketing strategy.
Email Marketing uses the power of email to connect with your customers regularly.
In more fancy words, it is an act of commercial marketing by using email, which is typically sent to prospects and customers.
This channel is powerful because it allows prospects to become customers, and one-time buyers to become loyal raving fans!
Sounds fantastic, you say?
The very first question which I had in my mind about email marketing is, where did it begin?
Image Source: Keap
The very first email then marked a historical moment at the beginning of the modern communication era.
While the first marketing email was sent by Gary Thuerk in 1978 to 400 users, promoting DEC machines.
Yes! We have emails around us for about four decades.
So email marketing is one of the original and initial forms of digital marketing.
It has been around long, and with everything digital, new technologies replace old.
However, to this day, and after four decades, this is one of the most effective marketing strategies.
The reason is that they get the right attention from your prospects and customers.
Are you also thinking that in the era of social media marketing, does email marketing has any worth?
It is safer to say that social media platforms can come and go.
However, email marketing has outlasted many social media platforms. It will outlast many more to come (does anyone remember Myspace or even Google+)?
What if I tell you that email marketing still ranked as a more effective marketing strategy than Social Media Marketing (SMM).
You’re going to think that I have gone crazy, right?
Social media is absolutely a more mainstream and popular marketing strategy marketers are pursuing.
But this doesn’t mean that it has taken charge of email marketing.
Email marketing, when done right, can have a much better ROI and results than social media marketing.
But this post is not a comparison between the two strategies.
Let’s continue delving a bit deeper into email marketing.
As often as social media platform advertisers would like you to believe – email marketing is not dead!
Even when options to engage with your customers are growing with PPC, affiliate, and many other forms of digital marketing.
Even with all that, email marketing continues to rank at the top!
And if you were still on the fence – we have this below meme for you after the above chart from Smart Insights:
Now you want to know why email marketing is on the forefront?
Because everyone you know has at least one account and it is merely the best and most cost-effective way to make more sales online.
Now here are some specific details that highlight some of the real power features of this form of marketing.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Image Source: Firstdigiadd
The below points to highlight and are easy to showcase how email marketing can help you get in front of your target audience.
- Email marketing is still growing strong today because 91% of consumers check their emails every day than any other communication channel. So a successful email marketing campaign can do wonders for your business.
- On email, you own your list, and you know that no one can take that leads away from you like on other social media accounts. Because on other social media accounts, you don’t know when and why your account could be suspended or deleted.
- It is consistently a great way of reaching your potential customers by sending them emails daily. It also helps you to stay in touch with your audience and the core customers by informing them about your business.
- When it comes to converting prospects into customers, email marketing is the way to go, it is more effective than social media and provides a high Return On Investment (ROI).
- It is economical and cost-effective as it allows business owners to reach a large number of consumers without damaging their pockets.
Here are a few and critical benefits of email marketing.
And why you absolutely must use this strategy for the online promotion of your business.
This is an evergreen marketing channel that allows you to connect with your audience, promote and engage them in the right way.
Get Help from The Experts
If you’ve been ignoring email marketing and had no idea how to reevaluate your strategy, then don’t hesitate to call or message our team.
Our digital marketers are always here to help you in developing a cost-effective email marketing strategy for your brand or business.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Let us know in the comments that what email strategy keeps your readers engaged?